The Green Sheet Online Edition
October 22, 2018 • Issue 18:10:02
Turnkey, EMV-ready, integrated POS solution
Product: KIT POS
Company: Kit Enterprises Inc.
Kit Enterprises Inc. has designed KIT POS, a turnkey POS solution devised to adapt to numerous merchant environments and industries. Company representatives said the system can be activated in less than an hour; product and promotional updates can be managed locally at the POS and remotely via a mobile app.
"We found many supermarkets and liquor store merchants were not using their POS systems due to complicated software or database issues," said Gahl Oren, CEO of Kit Enterprises. "Our global database of barcodes, pictures and product names and descriptions provides a smooth integration. When items are scanned, KIT POS shows the product and asks for the price."
Oren said the company tailors KIT POS to specific verticals and puts nothing in the system that merchants don't need. The system supports all payment types, including contact and contactless EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) cards and mobile wallet schemes. Customizable reporting tools enable merchants to manage a range of critical business management functions, he noted.
Simplifying POS systems while keeping them fully operational has been a challenge for service providers, Oren said. He noted additional benefits to KIT POS resellers as follows:
- Brandable: Private-label options enable merchant acquirers, ISOs and agents to market KIT POS solutions under their own brands.
- Processor-agnostic: KIT POS is a processor-agnostic solution that is not marketed directly to merchants. Resellers retain ownership of merchant accounts and control their ISO and processor relationships.
- Multiple hardware options: The KIT POS solution includes a hardware and software bundle. Agents who prefer to source their own hardware will find the system supports most Windows-based hardware and thermal POS printers. The company recommends contacting its support representatives to confirm system compatibility before purchasing or deploying hardware.
- Merchant retention tool: The company maintains merchant identifiers (MIDs) on its server, which means merchants cannot change processors without notifying existing service providers.
- Financing options: Resellers can offer lease-to-own installment plans to merchants who prefer to purchase the equipment over time.
The company pointed out that KIT POS is an all-inclusive system with multifunctional payment card readers and numerous configuration options that enable it to provide the following benefits to merchants:
- Advanced payment card technology: KIT POS uses Dejavoo Systems' Z-series terminals and PIN pads. These devices support multiple communications methods and traditional and emerging payment schemes.
- Produce scale integration: An in-counter Magellan scanner scale weighs and scans produce and barcode items at checkout, accelerating transaction speeds and reducing customer wait times.
- Multiple hardware options: KIT POS systems typically include clerk- and customer-facing touchscreen monitors, integrated POS thermal printers, produce scales, laser and QR barcode scanners, heavy-duty cash drawers, Bluetooth keyboards with mouse pads, and Wi-Fi adapters. Merchants can also use compatible hardware.
- QuickBooks integration: Merchants can export income and expense items, such as employee payouts, vendor payouts and other business expenses, into QuickBooks. They can also email these files, in importable QBO and CSV formats, from the POS to their accountants.
- Promotion management: Merchants can design promotions and add barcodes of featured items, using a library of templates. They can pre-schedule, activate or deactivate these promotions at the POS or remotely via a mobile app.
- Exceptional support: KIT POS dedicated support teams provide three levels of support to resolve system issues, saving the time and expense of dealing with ancillary service providers.
- Ongoing training: KIT POS is designed to be self-explanatory, but a dedicated training team provides merchants personalized training throughout installation. Additional on-site and phone support and detailed video tutorials are also available.
- Processor certified: The company's growing roster of certified payment processors includes multiple hosting platforms available through First Data Corp., TSYS, Global, TPS, Worldpay, EVO SNAP, Clearent, EPX and Planet Payment.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.