The Green Sheet Online Edition
December 10, 2018 • Issue 18:12:01
Payments platform for accepting payments anywhere
CardFlight Inc., a POS technology solutions provider established in 2013, updated SwipeSimple, a payment acceptance platform designed especially for small and midsize merchants. Originally launched as a mobile payments solution, SwipeSimple has evolved into a multifaceted technology suite that supports payment acceptance for a broad range of small businesses, company representatives stated.
"SwipeSimple is designed for small business payment acceptance," said Derek Webster, founder and CEO of CardFlight. "We equip leading merchant acquirers, independent sales organizations and banks with the right tools to offer a broad range of merchants."
Diversified technology suite
Webster noted the SwipeSimple platform is continuously updated and enhanced, providing CardFlight partners and their customers with secure, innovative and timely solutions. SwipeSimple includes the following key components:
- Mobile app: The SwipeSimple mobile app works on iOS and Android devices and supports multi-merchant and multi-employee accounts. Merchants can accept payments, track inventory, and manage multiple processing accounts in real time on their mobile devices using CardFlight's administrative dashboard and secure Payment Card Industry Level 1-certified gateway.
- Mobile card readers: SwipeSimple card readers encrypt payment card information before transmitting to the mobile device, protecting sensitive data. The Bluetooth-enabled readers can be paired with Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. The readers are available in different models that accept magnetic stripe, contact and contactless EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) cards with EMV Quick Chip capability for faster checkouts and mobile wallet payments.
- Merchant dashboard: The SwipeSimple merchant dashboard provides merchants with actionable data, enabling them to manage inventory, customer profiles and transaction history in real time. Real-time updates and visual summaries are synchronized across devices and can be accessed and customized from anywhere.
- SwipeSimple Customers: SwipeSimple Customers is designed to simplify customer data and cards on file. Merchants can use the solution to manage customer records, gain customer insights, schedule future payments and set up installment and subscription-based payment plans.
- SwipeSimple Register: SwipeSimple Register is a modern cash register solution that supports a range of countertop equipment, including cash drawers and receipt printers. The solution includes cloud-based reporting, electronic tip prompting, signature capture, employee sales tracking and permission-level access for multiple users.
Reseller, partner benefits
CardFlight provides processors, ISOs, merchant level salespeople and sales channel partners with market-ready, customizable solutions. The company does not sell or market solutions or services directly to merchants. Following are additional reseller benefits CardFlight described:
- Reseller portal: Partners can use a reseller portal, where they can find tools to board and manage merchants, merchant portfolios and access key performance metrics.
- Co-branded offerings: SwipeSimple solutions can be cobranded, with no additional charges or setup fees to display logos, phone numbers and contact information on customer-facing devices.
- Support all payment schemes: Card readers support near field communications and EMV Quick Chip technology, enabling users to accept existing and emerging payment schemes such as Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Processor-agnostic: CardFlight's payment gateway supports virtually all major processing hosts, enabling partners to use their preferred processors.
- Customizable: Reseller clients can seamlessly integrate SwipeSimple into their onboard systems and front end, providing merchants with a unified solution and simple, intuitive interface.
"We partnered with CardFlight three years ago to offer their mobile point of sale to our merchants, and in the time since, we have seen the many updates and feature additions that they made to SwipeSimple," said John Shipley, senior vice president, operations at Clearent. "It's part of why we love having CardFlight as a partner – they always deliver a winning product that just works."
The Green Sheet Inc. is now a proud affiliate of Bankcard Life, a premier community that provides industry-leading training and resources for payment professionals. Click here for more information.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.