The Green Sheet Online Edition
January 23, 2017 • Issue 17:01:02
Unplugged, portable, touch screen POS
Pioneer POS Solution Inc., doing business as Pioneer Solution Inc., a global technology company established in 1994 and based in Southern California, added StealthTouch II to its extended line of integrated touch screen solutions. The portable, touch screen POS terminal's flexible design includes a hot-swappable battery and dual-hinge base, designed to complement an array of fixed and mobile settings, the company stated.
The all-in-one device has a 15-inch capacitive screen and is built to withstand harsh conditions and high-volume environments. Its fanless operating system is powered by Intel Quad Core or Core i5 processors. The touch computer is compatible with Windows 7, POS 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Linux operating systems.
Michael Flores, Vice President of Distribution at Pioneer Solution, noted its long-lasting, interchangeable 5200mAh and 13400mAh batteries enable the StealthTouch II terminal to operate independently of electrical power sources. "We initially deployed StealthTouchII through our healthcare division, where it was used with unpowered medical carts," he said. "It was so well received that we recognized its potential for POS and other industries."
Multiple peripherals, settings
The StealthTouch II terminal is designed for versatility and ease-of-use, Flores added. Its dual-hinged stand employs a tension-controlled hinge designed to adjust to flat, vertical and wall-mounted configurations and view angles.
He additionally noted the device supports a diverse array of peripherals, including the following:
- Payment card readers: StealthTouch II supports the magnetic stripe reader, contact EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) reader and contactless near field communication reader.
- Biometric readers: Biometric authentication schemes are available through integrated fingerprint readers and scanners.
- Dual-display applications: 10-inch clerk and customer-facing display screens can be added for retail and other applications that require dual displays.
- Wall mount: VESA 100, an optional, factory-configured wall mount is available.
- Battery charger: An optional, external battery charger can charge up to four batteries at a time.
- iButton support: iButton devices can be integrated with StealthTouch II terminals for applications such as access control, asset management and data logging.
- Webcam: StealthTouch II can support web cameras that communicate via Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
Multiple industries, channels
Pioneer said it provides standard and customized solutions to a variety of industries, including hospitality, retail, gaming, manufacturing, labor management, healthcare and the self-service sector. The company's global distribution channels consist of value-added-resellers, system integrators and independent software vendors.
StealthTouch II was developed in response to growing demand for a versatile and adaptable product with lower total cost of ownership, the company stated. Pioneer engineers collaborated with corporate clients, suppliers and industry experts on product design, tests and applications.
As an original equipment manufacturer of integrated and embedded touch screen terminals, Pioneer controls every aspect of design and manufacturing. The company, which is focused on enterprise-level deployments and extended product lifecycles, noted that the the StealthTouch II comes with a standard, three-year warranty and five-year guarantee of consistent product specifications. "We make sure the same unit will be available for five years, down to the board level," Flores said.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.