The Green Sheet Online Edition
July 11, 2016 • Issue 16:07:01
Simple, secure cross-border payments
ACI Worldwide Inc., the Universal Payments (UP) company and software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider, created the UP eCommerce Payments Solution, a white label, gateway-to-gateway platform designed to facilitate secure, international ecommerce. Its open source, modular design features advanced analytics and real-time fraud prevention tools. ISOs, acquirers and payment service providers (PSPs) can use the continually evolving platform to help merchants expand their global footprints, protect revenues, support growth and enhance the international shopping experience, ACI stated.
The overall ecommerce market is growing fast, and cross-border payments are growing even faster," said Wolfgang Berner, Director, Product Global eCommerce at ACI. "From a global perspective, cross-border became popular among international tourists; today it's a global phenomenon that represents 50 percent of ecommerce transactions." Berner noted that cross-border payments help create a localized experience for shoppers, whose habits and preferences vary from one region to another. For example, in China, the cross-border trend has to do with authenticity and trust. Many Chinese consumers who buy from European and U.S. companies are willing to pay a premium for established brands. In the Netherlands, shoppers prefer the iDeal payment system, and merchants who don't provide that tool will lose a lot of business, he said.
Advanced modular options
The UP eCommerce Payments Solution uses flexible, widget-based payment forms designed to instantly process cross-border transactions. Service providers can choose from a menu of brandable, configurable options to meet the requirements of a diversified merchant portfolio. Options, as described by ACI, include:
- Payment processing: Core payment modules can enhance payment gateways by providing a range of value-added services such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard-compliant tokenization, chargeback reversals, recurring billing, smart local transaction routing, multicurrency authorization and settlement, and single-click checkouts.
- Global coverage: Acquirers and service providers can leverage ACI's network of alternative payment methods used in more than 160 countries. The company supports all currencies, numerous languages and powers electronic payments for more than 5,100 companies worldwide, including many of the world's largest financial institutions.
- Fraud prevention: A multilayered security fraud module is designed to protect PSPs and merchants from ecommerce fraud. The module includes fraud intelligence, real-time and post-transaction monitoring, always-on analytics, dynamic 3-D Secure support, expert risk analysis and continual updates to the platform.
- Mobile solutions: ACI provides mobile solutions designed to enhance security, connectivity, in-app payments and the overall mobile end-user experience. The mobile solutions module also includes a mobile software development kit.
- Business intelligence platform: Real-time transaction reporting, monitoring and analysis, and automated merchant onboarding are available on the white-label platform.
- Open architecture: ACI's underlying open payment platform architecture is designed to be optimally configurable. It includes embeddable payment forms, an extensive application programming interface (API) library and flexible integration options.
Flexible integration options
The UP eCommerce API supports multiple integration options from any connected device to simplify and accelerate building new applications and services through the company's Open Payment Platform. Here are some examples cited by ACI:
- COPYandPay: This Java script payment widget sends sensitive payment data directly from a shopper's browser to ACI's Open Payment Platform.
- Server-to-Server: The Server-to-Server API directly integrates payment acceptance services to facilitate flexible front-end and back-end work flows.
- Plug-ins: ACI provides a range of plug-ins, libraries and SDKs to simplify integration and development on its Open Payment Platform.
- Tools and resources: Virtual terminals, webhooks, API reference support and online interactive documentation are also available to end users and developers.
The ACI-hosted SaaS gateway solution is designed to speed time-to-market while enhancing international omnichannel commerce across numerous areas and business segments worldwide. "Integration is a key component of the UP eCommerce Payments Solution," Berner said. "Besides being slick and fast, the solution needs to be self-service so that our clients and partners devote less effort to boarding merchants and have more time to focus on core business activities."
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.