The Green Sheet Online Edition
August 27, 2007 • Issue 07:08:02
Easy-as-pie PCI compliance
Do your customers get the jitters when thinking about the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard? It's no wonder, given that all merchants accepting credit card data must comply with PCI to avoid fines, restrictions or even expulsion from card Association programs.
Comodo, a certification authority and provider of identity and trust assurance services, aims to set both brick-and-mortar and e-commerce merchants' minds at ease.
To that end, Comodo recently bundled PCI compliancy and daily scanning capabilities to create HackerGuardian PCI PLUS Daily Scanning.
Judy Shapiro, Comodo's Vice President, Marketing, said this new offering "is part of our Identity and Trust Assurance solution, so we have a huge infrastructure that allows us to offer a highly cost effective solution."
Comodo reports that merchants will enjoy the following benefits from HackerGuardian PCI PLUS Daily Scanning:
- Swift PCI scan compliance along with daily vulnerability testing done by a PCI-approved scanning vendor
_ PCI compliance reports ready to submit to a merchant bank
- Reports detailing security holes revealed by 14,000 HackerGuardian tests, along with recommendations for remediation
- PCI self-assessment questionnaire available via online wizard
- HackerGuardian's TrustLogo, confirming a merchant's authorization to accept credit card data online, which increases consumer confidence
- Secure, Web-based interface for scheduling PCI scans.
Web site protection
Comodo's HackerGuardian solutions are also sold as part of the High Assurance Confidence Pak, which provides the extended validation (EV) secure sockets layer (SSL) certification.
This newest type of SSL certificate provides a green visual identity within the address bar confirming that a merchant's Web site is authentic and not a phishing site.
Comodo's EV Auto-Enhancer, a proprietary EV deployment and maintenance technology, makes EV SSL easier and less costly to deploy, according to the company.HackerGuardian products are available domestically
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.