The Green Sheet Online Edition
March 26, 2018 • Issue 18:03:02
Cash discounts for merchants in-app, in-store, online
SignaPay Ltd., a merchant services and payment technology provider, added the PayHub Plus Payment Gateway and PayLo Mynt POS System to its PayLo technology suite. The new solutions provide more hardware and software implementation choices to merchants using the patented, customized PayLo Cash Discount program, company representatives stated.
"PayLo has grown exponentially since February 2017, when our sales channel partners began rolling out the program nationwide," stated Matt Nern, Vice President of Sales at SignaPay. ISOs and merchant level salespeople have been educating merchants on the merits of cash discounts; their merchants are using PayLo to increase profits and improve margins, he added.
Automated cash discount technology
Cash discount programs were endorsed within the Durbin Amendment to the 2010 Dodd-Frank Act and enable merchants to discount transactions paid by check or cash. The PayLo Cash Discount program meets all federal guidelines and is approved by leading payment card brands and service providers, company representatives noted. Its patented software detects payment types, automatically applying eligible fees and discounts. Merchants can implement per-transaction- or percentage-based fee structures; they can also use an online savings calculator to evaluate the programs. Employing the PayHub Plus app, PayHub Plus Payment Gateway and PayLo Mynt POS System the program can operate across multiple merchant locations, devices and communications channels, SignaPay noted.
PayHub Plus app
The PayHub Plus mobile app is available at the Apple App Store and Google Play. "In this service-based industry, merchants can travel freely without carrying terminals," Nern stated. "The app has all the bells and whistles of the PayLo Cash Discount program; merchants can manage invoices, bill payments and web checkout from smartphones and connected devices."
PayHub Plus Payment Gateway
The PayHub Plus Payment Gateway, compatible with PayLo cash discount software, is designed to seamlessly integrate with in-store and online channels. The company stated the brandable, customizable gateway includes the following features:
- Merchant dashboard: The PayHub Plus merchant dashboard provides merchants with a single-access, real-time view of their processing systems, inventories and cash discount programs. Its reporting tools enable users to search, sort, export and organize data from multiple locations.
- Transaction security: Transactions are encrypted from card entry, reducing a merchant's Payment Card Industry security standards (PCI) scope by limiting exposure to sensitive payment card data.
- Recurring billing: Recurring billing plans are simple to set up and manage via the web portal or application program interface.
- Virtual terminal: The PayHub Plus virtual terminal is compatible with any connected device. Merchants can use it on smartphones, tablets and touchscreen PCs.
- Hosted payment page: Merchants can accept automated clearing house and online payments on the PayHub Plus hosted payments page. Its PCI-compliant, hosted checkout form is tokenized for added security.
PayLo Mynt POS System
The PayLo Cash Discount Program is certified on select Dejavoo and Pax terminals and PayLo Mynt, an integrated POS platform. The cloud-based, all-in-one POS system, with widescreen tablet, receipt printer and cash drawer, provides customized retail and hospitality solutions for bars, restaurants, retail stores, quick service restaurants, delivery services, salons and spas. Additional features cited by SignaPay include:
- Multiple payment schemes: PayLo's EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) certified solution accepts contact and contactless smart cards, magnetic stripe cards and mobile wallet schemes, including Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay.
- Customizable menu, inventory management: PayLo Mynt menu creation and SKU loading tools support real-time inventory management and menu updates.
- White-glove support: Dedicated relationship managers support merchants with remote installation, live training and continuous technical support with Mynt experts.
- Lifetime warranty: Mynt subscriptions are backed with a lifetime warranty and free support. Merchants receive repair and replacement services free of charge.
- Fast account onboarding: PayLo merchants receive fast approvals and equipment, software and signage deployments.
"PayLo cash discount software can be seamlessly integrated into the PayLo Mynt POS System," Nern stated. "The solution can be optimized for any business. Merchants who use the PayLo cash discount software and PayLo Mynt POS System can save money on every transaction."
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.