The Green Sheet Online Edition
February 26, 2018 • Issue 18:02:02
Selecting the right hardware partner
Discount Credit Card Supply founder and President Adam Kaplan shared the following insights on picking a hardware provider:
A strong partnership between you and your hardware provider is essential to moving your business forward. A hardware supplier should know your requirements and anticipate your needs. Consider these questions as you evaluate this partnership:
- Do they ask what you are connecting to so that you get the correct cable?
- Do they provide in-house technical support after the initial installation?
- Do they have extended warranties available?
- Will your hardware vendor conference you in to fix entitlement issues on the fly when doing a download?
- Do you have to keep asking for the same cables or do they remember which ones you need?
- How will they handle your cash flow needs if you have a large installation?
- Do they remember to ask you if you need a SIM card?
- Do they keep you abreast of industry trends that affect you?
- Do they offer a wide variety of new and refurbished terminals and PIN pads to suit your specific needs?
- Do they provide a full line of accessories including stands, spill covers, paper and ink?
- Do they have auto paper delivery without their logo to drop ship to your merchants?
- Do they offer flexible delivery options: UPS, USPS, FedEx, third-party paid, and international?
- Can they inventory your products and blind ship to your customers?
- What is the depth of their repair services?
Are they responsive?
Do they email or text you back quickly?
Will they research solutions for you?
Are they truly a partner?
Depending on how you answered these questions, it may be time to shop for a new hardware supplier.
What about you?
Thank you to Adam Kaplan for sharing this useful information. If you want to share a perspective on this page in 350 words or fewer, please email email@example.com. And for your latest news, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Green Sheet Inc. is now a proud affiliate of Bankcard Life, a premier community that provides industry-leading training and resources for payment professionals. Click here for more information.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.