The Green Sheet Online Edition
February 13, 2017 • Issue 17:02:01
Enterprise-scale, adaptable mPOS solution
Ingenico Group, a global payment technology company headquartered in Paris, created the iSMP4 to provide a secure, all-purpose mobile POS solution for enterprise retailers. For easy integration, the portable device is built on the same platform as Ingenico's line of in-lane, customer-facing payment terminals. It can also connect to tablets and smartphones, the company stated.
"Ingenico has been actively involved in all aspects of mPOS, from Roam DATA mobile readers for micro merchants to enterprise-scale solutions," said Ben Wagner, Director of Product Solutions at Ingenico Group North America. "What we discovered in working with both markets is that mPOS solutions didn't always meet the demanding needs of enterprise-scale clients."
The enterprise space has a complex infrastructure with in-lane terminals and mobile software integrated with legacy POS systems, Wagner noted. Solutions that work well in small shops may be insufficient for high-volume, multilane retailers. These larger merchants need robust devices, ideally with stronger battery life and rugged features that hold up under constant use. "There is also a need for portability ergonomics in enterprise environments where people are working long shifts, so they can carry devices for eight hours without feeling fatigued," he said.
Flexible, adaptable solution
The iSMP4 can be used as a fully independent standalone mPOS device or smart peripheral paired with tablets and smartphones. Its small footprint and seven-ounce weight are designed to make it portable and adaptable to fixed and mobile configurations in large and small merchant environments.
Following are additional options and features the company highlighted:
- Universal mobility: iSMP4 is designed to accept all payment schemes, including EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa), mag-stripe and near field communication (NFC) contactless payments.
- User-friendly, ergonomic design: The iSMP4 has a 2.8-inch backlit color display for optimal clarity in bright and ambient light, and an illuminated EMV slot.
- Portable tablet sleeve: A universal tablet enclosure provides businesses with the ability to fit a variety of 8-inch tablets without restricting merchants to a single device. The lightweight enclosure allows associates to carry and use the iSMP4 and tablet in one hand, with a center gripping point and easy access to iSMP4 accessories and the tablet's camera.
- >Enterprise-grade performance and security: The iSMP4 is built for demanding, high-traffic settings. Its long-lasting 2000mAh battery can last for a full workday and can be easily swapped with replacement batteries.
- Wide range of connectivity and integration options: The iSMP4 can be paired with iOS, Android, Windows and Linux devices. It supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and physical pairing for integrated and semi-integrated POS configurations.
- Flexible, modular design: Its modular design and 10-pin connector enable the iSMP4 to integrate with third-party mobile devices, cases, stands, and docks.
- Purpose-built accessories, integration options: A variety of optional accessories such as sleeves, stands, and single and multibay battery docking stations with advanced locking systems with tamper-resistant molding enable the device to communicate during charging. Optional 1D/2D commercial-grade barcode scanners have laser-aiming technology for reading loyalty cards, coupons, barcodes, quick response codes and driver's licenses.
"The iSMP4 can be used in a variety of settings from delivery and home services to car rental aisles and brick-and-mortar showrooming applications," Wagner said. "It performs well in a variety of environments and standalone, integrated and semi-integrated settings."
Website: < a href='https://ingenico.us/' target='blank">https://ingenico.us/
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.