The Green Sheet Online Edition
April 25, 2016 • Issue 16:04:02
Internet failover for high-volume merchants
OptConnect, established in 2007 and headquartered in Kaysville, Utah, created OptConnect duo, a failover solution designed to optimize connectivity for payment card processing systems and other Internet-dependent devices.
OptConnect stated it has deployed more than 63,000 wireless solutions across a number of industries, including the ATM, integrated POS, digital signage, intelligent safe, and retail sectors. OptConnect duo, the newest member of the company's extended product family, uses a cellular router to back up the hardwired Internet.
The ability to transmit and receive data, whether for payment processing, content delivery or inventory retrieval, is a crucial requirement for most businesses. OptConnect duo can provide protection from interruptions to the continuous flow of data throughout an enterprise, OptConnect noted.
"OptConnect duo keeps merchants connected to business lifelines; their POS systems and Internet devices will stay connected when their Internet goes down," said Wayne Vandekraak, Director of Business Development at OptConnect. "ISOs can resell the service to retail merchant customers and receive a residual for the life of the contract."
Managed services, hardware
The company emphasized that OptConnect duo is more than a cellular router. The fully managed service provides subscribers with hardware, continuous support and network connections to all major North American carriers. Additionally, a simplified integration process enables software developers to seamlessly connect the service into proprietary network infrastructures.
Merchants can use OptConnect duo to protect the integrity of all connected systems, including those handling POS, inventory management and payment processing functions by maintaining live, high-speed connections at all times. Following are additional available benefits of the service, according to OptConnect:
- Secure connectivity: OptConnect uses advanced wireless technology to provide secure connectivity to fixed and mobile devices.
- Reliable technology: OptConnect 3G/4G LTE wireless gateways provide wide coverage, increased data transfer speeds and equipment dependability.
- Simple installation: Wireless connectivity allows for same-day device deployment, unlike landline-dependent device installations, which are typically more labor intensive and costly.
- Lifetime warranty: OptConnect offers a lifetime warranty with overnight replacement in the rare event of equipment failure.
- Continuous support: OptConnect duo subscribers receive installation, technical assistance and network support services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Continuous monitoring: Subscriber networks, routers and connected devices are continuously monitored to ensure always-on, optimized network performance.
- Expanded data consumption: The program includes five gigabytes worth of data consumption.
- Cloud-based portal: Merchants and network administrators can use the OptConnect portal to manage and monitor enterprise networks in real time.
OptConnect duo protects continuous data flow across a network enterprise by extensive monitoring of its primary data source and Internet connection. Upon the first sign of any service interruption, the system's backup protection system will activate a high-speed 4G LTE wireless connection. Some examples of events that may compromise Internet connectivity include upstream hardware failure, severed telecom lines, telecom outages, firewall configuration failures and bandwidth limitations.
OptConnect duo is a managed, end-to-end service and timely resource for busy, always-on merchants designed to boost performance while protecting critical infrastructure, the company said. The service can be used to reinforce existing network architecture, stabilize network operability and enhance high speed performance. It comes with all corresponding hardware, resources and support to facilitate integration and installation. ISOs, merchant level salespeople and independent software vendors and merchant level salespeople can offer OptConnect duo to existing and prospective customers.
"This is essentially Internet backup insurance for high-volume retail and hospitality customers," Vandekraak stated. "It is another product and program that a POS ISO can upsell to their existing customer base."
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.