The Green Sheet Online Edition
April 11, 2016 • Issue 16:04:01
Enhanced checkout for e-commerce
BlueSnap Inc., a global payment technology company headquartered in Waltham, Mass., updated its Powered Buy Platform, a next-generation payment gateway designed to mitigate checkout abandonment by giving merchants more control of the online checkout process. The new release was devised to deliver the most comprehensive set of integration options for online merchants. With growing adoption of mobile commerce, online shopping cart abandonment is becoming a major challenge for merchants. The newest release of the Powered Buy Platform introduced new tools to help merchants convert shoppers into buyers. Designed to provide consumers with a frictionless checkout experience, the platform is simple to integrate and compatible with e-commerce environments worldwide. "Online merchants need every advantage they can get to help tackle checkout abandonment," said Ralph Dangelmaier, BlueSnap Chief Executive Officer. "Our Powered Buy Platform has the most robust set of features and functionality on the market today to help merchants take control of checkout abandonment and grow their sales."
Flexible integration options
The Powered Buy Platform offers flexible integration options to developers, partners and merchants to simplify and optimize implementation. "We have invested significantly in our Developer Hub so that certain customer types can get moving quickly," said Scott Fitzgerald, Senior Vice President of Marketing at BlueSnap. "We augment this channel with a global sales and support team with technical assistance available in both Israel and Waltham; this allows us to follow the sun."
Integration options BlueSnap listed include:
- Payment API: Users can design their own forms or use the BlueSnap application programming interface (API) to take credit and debit card payments. The API supports traditional and alternative payment methods.
- Hosted Solutions: Users can customize and brand BlueSnap's BuyNow Hosted Checkout, Shopping Cart Plugins and Virtual Terminal solutions. These pre-built, hosted solutions can be incorporated into a website without any coding or development, helping merchants to maintain a consistent brand image on the site.
- Hybrid Solutions: Users can combine the Payment API and Hosted Solutions to create a localized checkout experience for global shoppers.
Added features, value
BlueSnap's Powered Buy Platform connects merchants to multiple banks worldwide with built-in failover to safeguard payment authorizations. Merchants can use the platform's e-commerce tools to create and manage offers and coupons, subscription billing, fraud prevention and chargeback protection.
Following are new version enhancements developed to enrich the consumer journey:
- Hosted Payment Fields: Designed to be used in conjunction with BlueSnap's Payment API, Hosted Payment Fields capture sensitive card data during the checkout process. This enables merchants to meet Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard requirements by keeping cardholder data out of scope, while maintaining control over checkout design.
- Enhanced Virtual Terminal: BlueSnap's Virtual Terminal, available with all integration options, facilitates phone orders and on-demand email invoices, enabling shoppers to use alternative payment methods on the Powered Buy Platform portal.
- Payment Conversion Analytics: Merchants can customize self-service reports to track payment conversions based on selected parameters such as currency, shopper location and transaction value.
- Multi-Currency Reporting: Merchants can use the Powered Buy Platform's on-demand data to track sales and reconciliation across multiple currencies.
PayPal in Context: The Powered Buy Platform integrates with PayPal's one-time and subscription models to provide more choice to consumers and optimize the mobile checkout experience.
Partner, referral opportunities
BlueSnap offers a range of affiliate, reseller and distributor models to fulfill the needs of its global partner network, including these examples:
- Key Platform partners: These partners provide pre-integrated BlueSnap e-commerce solutions on their platforms.
- Direct Sales to larger clients: BlueSnap's direct salespeople work with enterprise-scale retailers, helping them integrate BlueSnap solutions into complex, unique infrastructures.
- Partner Referral Programs: ISOs, merchant level salespeople and e-commerce development organizations partner with BlueSnap. Revenue sharing opportunities vary based on level of effort, which range from lead generation to closing and managing new relationships.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.