The Green Sheet Online Edition
April 11, 2011 • Issue 11:04:01
Integrating your marketing efforts
When it comes to your various forms of marketing, are you looking at how you can make them work in concert? As the number of places where you can promote your product or service grows, so do the opportunities to create a marketing strategy where, as the saying goes, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
A natural, cost-effective synergy can occur in cross-channel marketing campaigns if you:
- Consistently incorporate key elements of your brand identity across channels so that your company becomes recognizable, no matter what the context. The more times a potential customer sees your message, the better, but only if your brand makes an indelible impression.
- Develop a master plan that spells out all the possible ways you can spread the word about what you have to offer. For example, if you are planning to publish a white paper that tells how your solution meets a market need, plotting out all the places where you can place a link to it can help you maximize the requests for downloads.
- Create a marketing dashboard - a tool that will allow you to review results from various marketing campaigns, by marketing medium. If you organize the data correctly, patterns will emerge that will help you spot instances in which one medium contributed to the rate of traffic to another.
- Repurpose content created for one channel for use in another. If you've taken the time to prepare brilliant copy and art for your next email blast, why not use it for a print ad or blog posting?
- Cross promote the channels and link them. Remember to list all of your points of contact, including website and social media URLs, on all of your marketing and advertising materials. You can also provide live feeds from one channel to another, such as Facebook or Twitter feeds to your website, or place a link in your e-newsletter to your latest video on YouTube.
By choosing the right mix of media, you can build cross-channel campaigns with better reach, recall and results. And that's a good use of your marketing dollars.
The Green Sheet Inc. is now a proud affiliate of Bankcard Life, a premier community that provides industry-leading training and resources for payment professionals. Click here for more information.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.