The Green Sheet Online Edition
January 25, 2021 • Issue 21:01:02
Readers Speak: Benefits of cloud-based digital tools
Joel Patterson, founder of the consultancy The Vested Group and author of The Big Commitment: Solving The Mysteries Of Your ERP Implementation, listed advantages to digital transformation, as follows:
- Keep up with yourself. Your goals likely include growth—more customers, more accounts, more revenue, etc. Your current systems might adequately handle your current business, but what about when you achieve your desired growth? Your internal processes can have a hard time keeping up your growth. Outdated processes and systems will cause issues and stall growth.
- Smash inefficiencies. Companies often use many different applications to meet their needs. While this may initially seem expedient and economical, it can become unnecessarily convoluted and inefficient. A comprehensive, cloud-based software system eliminates the operational inefficiencies you're bound to run into when working with multiple applications.
- Access smarter data. With a cloud-based system, such as NetSuite, for example, all your data is housed in one place and is easily accessed. Such a system provides a big-picture view of every aspect of your business. Accurate, real-time insights allow you to see precisely what is working and what needs attention.
- Eliminate overhead costs. No more in-house servers or bulky equipment to maintain. A cloud-based system is housed off-site on high-performance, scalable servers. This means no setup or installation on your devices. This provides a secure platform for all your applications and substantially reduces IT costs.
- Only keep what you need. When working with standard software systems, you might get lots of other bells and whistles that aren't relevant to your business. Or your current systems might do the job, but not as well as they could. You can tailor a comprehensive, versatile enterprise software package to fit your exact needs.
When you have the best possible tools to work with, you will always get better results.
New tools for a new year?
Have you implemented or do you plan to implement new digital tools? What criteria are you using to determine what to change and what to leave as is? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Green Sheet Inc. is now a proud affiliate of Bankcard Life, a premier community that provides industry-leading training and resources for payment professionals. Click here for more information.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.