The Green Sheet Online Edition
February 11, 2019 • Issue 19:02:01
Sleek, adaptable POS for fixed and mobile settings
Equinox Payments recently launched the Luxe 6200m, the newest addition to the company's Luxe product family. The modular device is designed to adapt to fixed and mobile settings and facilitate payments wherever they occur. Its flexible design enables the device to instantly conform to a range of industries, environments and use cases, Equinox representatives stated.
"The surface area of the Luxe 6200m is clean and elegant, whether it's on a counter, pedestal or flush-mounted," said Bohdan Myroniw, vice president, strategic alliances at Equinox. "You'll find the same flexibility under the cover, with multiple development options. Developers and ISVs can write their own apps, use third-party apps or use the Equinox Voyager app for retail, hospitality and cash-back environments."
Noting that the device is the size of an iPhone 6, Myroniw said store associates can carry the device to customers or use its cable and modules to integrate it with printers and POS systems.
Advanced security, communications
The Luxe 6200m is PCI PTS 5.0 certified, which means merchant acquirers, ISOs and ISVs can deploy the solution until 2026, Myroniw noted. Its advanced security architecture is EMV Level 1 and 2 certified and supports point-to-point encryption and remote key injection.
The base unit and multiport smart hub at the base of the cable provide a variety of secure connectivity options, including Bluetooth BLE, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE and broadband, or any combination of these communications protocols. Power is available in wired or battery-charged modules. The device supports magnetic-stripe, EMV and NFC contactless technology and has plenty of memory to run payment and value-add applications, Equinox representatives noted.
The company noted that the Luxe 6200m's operating system is consistent with the entire Luxe product family, enabling seamless integration of payments applications, third-party software, value-added services and POS systems. Engineered for security, seamless integration and ease-of-use, the Luxe OS supports a range of payment applications, third-party software and proprietary POS systems, including Linux, HTML 5 and Java Script, the company stated.
The Luxe 6200m combines a smartphone-sized base with attachable power and printer modules. This combination of connectivity, power and printer options enables the product to easily adapt to dynamic retail and hospitality environments. By selectively incorporating modules, merchants can configure the product into a PIN pad, stand-alone terminal, integrated POS or wireless solution, according to their needs. Small and midsize merchants and major retailers can deploy the Luxe 6200m for fixed checkout, mobile POS, pay-at-the-table, line busting and field-level payments.
The commercial-grade Luxe 6200m was devised to meet the most demanding conditions while remaining aesthetically pleasing and easy to use, the company noted. To that end, it included the following components:
- Multiport communications hub: A single, flexible and durable cable provides both power and communications to Luxe 6200m.
- Advanced browser: The QT browser enables the device to display web pages from store services, cloud-based hosting platforms and the Internet.
- Modular printers: Optional built-in printers for both countertop and mobile configurations enable users to complete transactions and generate receipts. The compact, lightweight printers are ergonomically designed and accept 2 1/4 inch coreless thermal paper rolls.
- Wear-resistant keypad: Engineered for ease of use and durability, the keypad has hard plastic keys with in-mold technology, wear-proof numbers and symbols, and a comfortable touch and feel.
- Clear touchscreen display: The Luxe 6200m's bright, all-glass, capacitive touchscreen is designed to enhance the payment experience. No stylus is necessary for passive pen and finger-based signature capture. The Gorilla Glass 3 surface is resistant to scratches and damage.
"The Luxe 6200m is beautiful and built to last, and we've seen it in C-Store counters where they catch impulse sales, ADA-compliant pedestal mounts where they're easily accessible, and high-end retail settings where they add a touch of elegance to the in-store experience," Myroniw said.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.