The Green Sheet Online Edition
April 24, 2017 • Issue 17:04:02
Where can I learn about fintech?
I'm new to the industry and want to know where I can learn more about how independent sales offices intersect with the growing fintech sector. Are there conferences in North America I could attend along these lines?
Jerry Robson, Merchant Level Salesperson
Thanks for your timely question. Many payment professionals are exploring ways for ISOs to partner with fintech firms to revolutionize products and services. Here are a few events of interest coming up in 2017:
- FinTech 2017, May 3, Vancouver, B.C., Canada. The focus of the day is the regulatory environment and financial crime, regulation technology, identity management, compliance issues and more. www.fintech2017.com
- Future of Money & Technology Summit, Dec. 4, San Francisco. This annual event brings together members of the global money and fintech community to spotlight trends, form alliances and conduct business with leaders at the convergence of internet, money and technology. www.eventbrite.com/e/future-of-money-technology-summit-2017-tickets-32641553766
Also consider these payments industry tradeshows:
- Transact 17, May 10 to 12, Las Vegas. The major show focused on the payments business, Transact brings together ISOs and MLSs, vendors, payment processors, fintech companies, tech startups, card brands, acquirers, major merchants, alternative value-added service providers and much more. www.electran.org/events/etatransact17/
- Midwest Acquirers Association, July 17 to 19, Chicago. This conference promises to encompass educational and networking opportunities, dynamic speakers and an exhibit hall featuring the latest in payments and value-added products and services. midwestacquirers.com
- Western States Acquirers Association, Sept. 27 to 28, 2017, in Rancho Mirage, Calif. This annual event is part of WSAA's mission to serve the acquiring business community by providing education and creating a welcoming networking medium for all involved, providing a forum for training, education and networking for financial institutions, ISOs and MLSs. www.westernstatesacquirers.net
Do you have a question for us or a perspective on current payment issues and trends? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.