The Green Sheet Online Edition
April 24, 2017 • Issue 17:04:02
Enterprise-level CRM for payments industry
POS Portal Inc. released an updated version of P2, its customer relationship management (CRM) product. P2 now provides enhanced onboarding tools designed to automate the merchant application process. The company expects the brandable solution to complement its suite of POS deployment services and cloud-based solutions, while giving ISOs, acquirers and their down-line partners more control of new account acquisition.
John-Paul Sansone, Manager of Software Sales at POS Portal, said P2 is a full-featured CRM solution exclusively designed for the payments industry and built on the Salesforce.com platform. Clients can use the stand-alone solution without needing Salesforce licensing or support; ISOs and their downline partners can fill out a merchant application and have it signed within P2, to create a consistent online boarding experience, he stated.
"Before P2, incomplete applications would be sent back to account representatives, who would have to go through the whole process again," Sansone said. "Salespeople love online apps because they don't have to manually enter all the data, and the application remains gray until all the data fields are populated. It's a standardized process, no matter who's working on it."
Joseph Saka, Director of Operations at Merchant One Inc., endorsed the product. "P2 raised the ceiling and our potential to expand our existing data infrastructure," he said. "The Salesforce platform allows me to customize even further on top of a stable backbone."
E-signature, back-office integration
P2's online application interface uses dynamic data fields and field level validation to ensure that merchant level salespeople (MLSs) enter all required data before a PDF is generated. MLSs can click a button to email incomplete applications to merchants to obtain missing details; they can use a doc-in-progress link to track the status of a pending application.
POS Portal noted that merchants can use P2 to securely complete applications at their convenience, filling in missing information and adding their signatures within the online application interface or by e-signature. P2 is fully integrated with all major e-signature schemes, including DocuSign and Adobe Sign.
P2 can support branded, generic and customized applications from ISOs, acquirers and independent software vendors (ISVs).
Enterprise capacity, personal support
Acquirers, ISOs and MLSs can use P2 customizable fields, email templates and configurable workflows to address underwriting and risk management, merchant account development, back-office operations and business optimization, Sansone said. Additional P2 features he described include:
- Merchant lifecycle management: P2 has built-in tools designed to manage the merchant lifecycle from lead capture and pipeline to online applications and relationship management.
- Sales automation: Managers can forward leads to reps and track real-time progress of each sales cycle on P2 dashboards.
- Agent, sales and partner portals: Sales and partner portals enable agents and referral partners to send and receive deals, view deal status, and get residual payouts.
Referral partner portal: Referral partners from financial institutions, trade associations and ISVs can use P2 to send and receive leads, get status updates and access residual reporting.
- Enhanced reporting: P2 provides customizable dashboards and reporting features designed to provide real-time status updates on business-critical issues.
- Residual calculations: P2 can simplify residual payouts to various channels and create trend, summary and forecast reporting.
- Portfolio analytics: P2 users can aggregate monthly profitability information from multiple sources to derive micro- and macro-level views of merchant portfolios.
- Deployment: Equipment orders can be processed within the P2 application, where users can direct orders to POS Portal's fulfillment team, and track in-transit and delivered orders.
- Optional, professional services: Additional P2 options include access to a P2 app portal and library, and customized support services.
Sansone said P2 combines a Salesforce experience with personal support. "As a Gold Status Salesforce partner, we provide faster, personalized service by connecting our customers and partners directly to the program managers who designed and built the app," he noted.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.