The Green Sheet Online Edition
November 28, 2016 • Issue 16:11:02
EMV-certified reader for smartphones, tablets, PCs
AnywhereCommerce, a global mobile commerce technology provider headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, added the Walker C2X to its extended line of payment acceptance solutions.
The compact device is EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) certified and compatible with iOS, Android and Windows mobile operating systems. Designed to transform smartphones, tablets and PCs into secure mobile payments solutions, the Walker C2X can support EMV chip and signature, contactless, and mag-stripe payment schemes, the company stated.
"AnywhereCommerce has built its reputation on delivering reliable, high-quality mobile point-of-sale solutions," said William Nichols, President and Chief Executive Officer for AnywhereCommerce. "Walker C2X continues our company's leadership in this market by offering a solution that easily and affordably addresses the latest payment requirements."
Mitchell Cobrin, founder and Chief Catalyst at AnywhereCommerce, added, "Our Walker class of products offers partners the ideal mPOS card reader. Whether a merchant needs mag-stripe, EMV, contactless, Bluetooth, or audio jack, Walker will do the job."
Cobrin further noted the device can be part of an end-to-end precertified solution on the AnywhereCommerce gateway, a solution, he said, is popular with the ISO and independent software vendor community. "Walker is also supported by numerous third-party gateways and is available at distributors such as POS Portal and The Phoenix Group," he said.
Small footprint, big potential
AnywhereCommerce is known for its innovative approaches to mobile payment technology. Its solutions include patented audio jack technology, software apps, an international gateway, an advanced transaction management platform, mobile software applications, retail mobile POS solutions, EMV-certified card acceptance devices and software development tools. AnywhereCommerce solutions are backed by the company's aCommerce Management Platform and secure Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard- and EMVCo-certified payments ecosystem.
The Walker C2X is an integral part of the AnywhereCommerce mSuite portfolio and product family. Its embedded, multifunctional card reader facilitates swipe, dip and tap payment card transactions in an array of fixed hospitality and retail settings and mobile merchant environments.
The Walker C2X is available as a turnkey, end-to-end solution or as a customizable solution that can be integrated with POS systems, mobile apps, and phone and tablet solutions. User-friendly application programming interface libraries and a software development toolkit are available for software and developers, the company stated. Following are additional Walker C2X features AnywhereCommerce spotlighted:
- Digital wallet compatibility: The Walker C2X supports digital wallet schemes, including Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Chip, mag-stripe cards: The EMV-certified, near field communication-capable reader accepts contact and contactless smart card transactions. Its mag-stripe reader uses advanced encryption technology to ensure secure, reliable mobile transactions.
- Remote updates: Firmware updates and key injection are achieved by remote over-the-air transmission. The ability to provide continuous field-level upgrades keeps Walker C2X devices optimized, up to date and compliant.
- Flexible: The Walker C2X is compatible with most smartphones, tablets and PCs. It supports Android, iOS and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Optimized connectivity: The portable device can connect to smartphones, tablets and PCs via micro USB and audio jack technology. A Bluetooth version will also be available, with an optional removable sticky pad to adhere Bluetooth readers to paired devices.
Proven, EMV-certified solution
The Walker C2X builds on the heritage of AnywhereCommerce and its array of EMV-capable mobile POS solutions created exclusively for the ISO and acquirer channel. Designed to go above and beyond EMV compliance, the device can reduce operational costs while significantly improving relationships between business owners and customers as well as the overall mobile commerce experience, according to company representatives.
Solution providers, merchant service providers, merchant acquirers, and ISOs continue to play a major role in leading the EMV migration in the United States, the company stated. Through industry efforts, merchants have a better understanding of EMV requirements, while capitalizing on the related benefits and opportunities of this historic transition.
Website: Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.