The Green Sheet Online Edition
February 22, 2016 • Issue 16:02:02
ISOMetrics: Cybersecurity pressure cooker
Trustwave Holdings Inc. released its third annual 2016 Security Pressures Report based on a survey it conducted of in-house information security professionals from nations in several world regions. Respondents across the board stated they are under pressure to mitigate cybersecurity threats not only in the United States, but also in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Singapore. For a free copy of the report visit https://www2.trustwave.com/security-pressures-report-2016.html.
Pressure points for Internet Security professionals:
- 63 percent felt more pressure to secure their organizations in 2015 than in 2014.
- 65 percent expect even greater pressure to secure their organizations in 2016.
- 74 percent currently feel safe from security threats.
- 58 percent believe external sources pose the greatest threat to security.
- 42 percent believe internal sources pose the greatest threat to security.
- 48 percent said their organizations had not experienced a data breach thus far.
- 46 percent said their organizations have experienced a data breach at some point.
- 6 percent were unsure whether their organization had experienced a data breach.
Emerging technologies IS professionals are most pressured to adopt/deploy in their organizations this year compared with last year:
Emerging technologies IS professionals feel pose the greatest risk:
Source: Trustwave, 2016 Security Pressures Report
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.