The Green Sheet Online Edition
January 09, 2017 • Issue 17:01:01
Boost Your Biz
Many payment professionals pack up their holiday decorations, clear their heads and determine to set goals each January. They take stock of where they succeeded in the last 12 months and where they fell a little short. They think about how various market conditions affected their performance, and consider changes they may have experienced or insights they gained that have shifted their priorities. Then they identify goals for the coming year and plot a course toward achieving them.
There are many ways to go about setting goals and achieving them. Some folks prefer broad strokes; others pin down every detail. There is no single correct way to go about this process. And over the years, The Green Sheet has published numerous articles on the importance of setting goals and how to go about it.
If you haven't joined in this annual ritual, why not jump in now? Nothing could be better for your bottom line than for you to have the dollar amount you want to earn and a deadline in bold print right in front of your eyes.
Following are links to articles in our archives that should help inspire you to set your sights high this year and follow through as the weeks pass by:
- "Get moving toward those goals," The Green Sheet, March 14, 2016, issue 16:03:01, www.greensheet.com/emagazine.php?story_id=2896&search_string=goal%20setting
- "Go ahead, work some magic," by Jason Felts, The Green Sheet, March 23, 2009, issue 09:03:02, www.greensheet.com/emagazine.php?story_id=1263&search_string=goals&search_string2=write%20down
- "Dreams fulfilled: Six easy steps," by Jason Felts, The Green Sheet, Dec. 22, 2008, issue 08:12:02, www.greensheet.com/emagazine.php?story_id=1097&search_string=goals&search_string2=write%20down
- "Change, a rewarding discomfort," by Jeff Fortney, The Green Sheet, July 14, 2008, issue 08:07:01, www.greensheet.com/emagazine.php?story_id=853&search_string=goal%20setting
- "Clean slate, new fate," The Green Sheet, Jan. 14, 2008, issue 08:01:01, www.greensheet.com/emagazine.php?story_id=530&search_string=set%20goals
The important thing is not how you go about setting and pursuing goals; it's that you get going. There is no better time than now to identify your goals, write them down, plan your action steps and then take action.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.