The Green Sheet Online Edition
January 08, 2018 • Issue 18:01:01
End-to-end support under one roof
Total Support Services provides comprehensive technical and customer support for a range of businesses and industries. The company's services consist of help desk, hardware and supply preparation and deployment, warehousing and board-level equipment repair. Its clients include petroleum, retail and hospitality merchants, hardware resellers, payment card issuers and acquirers, software development companies and independent sales organizations, stated company co-founders, Brad McCoy, Chief Sales Officer, and Mark Shaffer, Chief Operations Officer.
McCoy and Shaffer served in management positions at Alliance Data and Heartland Payment Systems Inc. before founding CWI Electronics Inc. in 2011. After completing a TG3 audit and TR-39 PIN Security and PIN Management certification, they moved to a larger location in 2013 and recently rebranded the company to reflect their expanded scope of services.
"Total technicians repair and troubleshoot a range of devices, including tablets and smartphones," McCoy stated. "In addition to repairing equipment, our technicians test, clean and wrap power supplies and recoat cash drawers, making them as good as new, at a fraction of the cost of new supplies."
"Whether they are repairing hardware or providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, Total service representatives are not constrained by quota," Shaffer added. "They use their experience and knowledge to solve problems and get to the root cause of issues. Their dedication and focus has enabled us to reduce swap outs by an average of 37 percent."
Comprehensive suite of services
Total provides fast turnaround times, competitive pricing and warranty services, McCoy noted, adding that its inventory management system enables corporate clients to track equipment, view repair status in real time and create customized reports. The company further described its services as follows:
- Board-level hardware repair: Factory-certified electronic technicians repair and refurbish POS devices and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
- POS hardware repair and PIN encryption: An extensive line of services draws on a heritage of experience with all forms of POS terminals, peripherals and integrated POS systems. Technicians repair and securely encrypt Verifone, Datacard, Hypercom, Equinox, ExaDigm, Thales, Nurit and Datawire equipment and more.
- Communication protocols: Technicians provide support for networked register systems that use dial and broadband communications. They have expertise in LAN, Wi-Fi and CDMA communications.
- Hardware and supply procurement: The company fulfills hardware and supply orders for merchants and third-party service providers.
- Warehousing and deployment: Clients can manage inventories and obtain equipment when needed, using Total's inventory management and warehouse storage.
- POS help desk: Experienced help desk representatives provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 training and support. Clients can white-label these services for frontline support, obtaining high quality support for their end-user customers.
- Continuous, always-on support: Support services are available 24 hours a day and 365 days per year.
- Experienced, friendly staff: The company's staff have years of experience in technical repair and customer support. These specialists can provide tailored, customized, consultative support to help clients grow and scale their businesses.
- Project management: Clients can organize large-scale deployments, integrations and portfolio conversions using Total's expertise and on-site and online resources.
- Advanced tracking systems: Clients can submit and track requests quickly and easily.
Shaun Hayward, Vice President of Information Technology at Tendercard, said Total Support Services' ticketing system and knowledge base are second to none. "I love that I could always login to my portal to see all of the tickets and their status," he added.
Total Support Services also emphasized its rich understanding of electronic transactions and years of experience in hardware procurement, logistics, repair and replacement solutions. Its warehouse, call center, expertise and services are ready to deploy, customize or brand, company representatives stated.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.