The Green Sheet Online Edition
November 13, 2017 • Issue 17:11:01
Cloud-based, omnichannel, commerce growth platform
GlobalOnePay, a division of Plano, Texas-based Pivotal Payments Inc., added automated clearing house (ACH) payment capability to its omnichannel commerce technology suite. GlobalOnePay representatives noted an increasing demand for ACH payments, which accounted for over 25 billion payments and $43 trillion in transfers in 2016, according to a recent study by NACHA ‒ The Electronic Payments Association. The suite's update will provide additional convenience to card-not-present (CNP) merchants and is part of a concerted effort to continually adapt the GlobalOnePay platform, the company stated.
"We continually enhance the platform to drive value to merchants wherever and however they transact," said Tedd D. Huff III, Vice President at GlobalOnePay. "Our modular, scalable, cloud-based platform is designed to help merchants grow their businesses without a lot of heavy lifting. We support ecommerce providers, payfacs, independent software vendors (ISVs) and mobile POS solution providers."
Commerce Growth Platform
Huff said the company calls GlobalOnePay the Commerce Growth Platform because it promotes growth and reflects an industrywide shift from merchant-focused to portfolio-focused payment processing. "We're helping ISVs and merchants create a seamless commerce experience by providing tools that help them control the merchant experience," he stated. "We're evolving with them, helping them eliminate friction points to make commerce simple, easy and transparent."
The company described key features comprising the GlobalOnePay platform, as follows:
- Global payment gateway: Merchants and third-party service providers can use the gateway to securely process transactions. The gateway can be integrated into ecommerce shopping carts. Hosted payment pages, smart transaction routing and batch processing options are available.
- Global payment processing: Merchants can use GlobalOnePay's processing platform and proprietary foreign exchange management tool to accept local currencies across the globe and get paid with U.S. dollars. GlobalOnePay has a direct merchant account presence in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. The company is a Principal Member of UnionPay International, a leading bankcard association with over 6 billion cards worldwide.
- Recurring and subscription billing: Merchants can use GlobalOnePay's platform to manage recurring payments, subscription billing and other payment plans to improve efficiencies and create additional, incremental revenue streams.
- Payment facilitator program: Merchants and ISVs can set their own pricing and build their brands using GlobalOnePay's white-label payfac program, which provides necessary tools to onboard, process and manage sub-merchant accounts. The service includes fast approvals and second-tier support.
- In-app payments: Merchants can accept payments directly from Android and iOS applications, using GlobalOnePay's in-app solutions, which include a developer portal, software development kit (SDK), and array of tools for testing and integrating customized payment applications.
- Electronic check processing: Merchants can securely accept e-check payments and integrate ACH processing into shopping carts. E-check funds are withdrawn digitally from a customer's checking account and transferred to the merchant's account through the ACH Network.
- Security and fraud tools: Merchants can safely transact on GlobalOnePay using the platform's built-in fraud detection and scoring engine that assesses each transaction's risk. The system automatically detects and flags anomalies and continually evolves in response to the ever-changing threat landscape.
Secure POS integration
Merchants and POS developers can provide a consistent customer experience across multiple devices and channels using GlobalOnePay's integrated POS platform. SDKs simplify integration with mobile POS solutions, tablet POS devices, and integrated retail and hospitality environments. A virtual terminal enables merchants to securely process credit and debit card transactions, including invoices and printed receipts, from computers, tablets and other connected devices.
Cloud-based GlobalOnePay can be configured to process payments, manage inventory and create discount offers across multiple devices via in-store, online and mobile channels. It can be remotely updated and integrated with other systems without using middleware or gateways. The platform uses point-to-point encryption to securely process payment card transactions. It also supports all payment schemes, including contact and contactless EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa), Apple Pay, Mastercard PayPass, Visa payWave, Android Pay and other mobile wallets, company representatives stated.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.