The Green Sheet Online Edition
March 13, 2017 • Issue 17:03:01
Versatile iPad POS, business management system
Revel Systems Inc. launched RevelGuard, a self-diagnostic solution that uses artificial intelligence to continuously monitor Revel's cloud-based iPad POS system and other networked devices. RevelGuard is designed to optimize performance of interconnected devices by alerting Revel Support technicians when it detects a problem.
RevelGuard continually collects information on POS devices, providing Revel Support with a snapshot of a network's current state. The solution will notify Revel Support when problems arise. These automated alerts enable technicians to diagnose and proactively resolve numerous issues, which could include printers running low on ink or paper, freezers needing temperature resets, or network connectivity loss, the company stated.
Open API, vertical industry focus
Revel's open application programming interface enables third-party companies to integrate its digital tools and cloud-based solutions with their technology. The company provides Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS)-compliant, tailored solutions for retail, restaurant, quick service restaurants (QSRs) and enterprise-scale merchants, and recently expanded into the fuel retail vertical through a global partnership with Shell Oil Co.
Revel representatives noted that the company is committed to providing a complete complement of business tools designed to help merchants of all sizes scale, grow and improve the customer experience. They added that the following business management solutions are included in its modern, cloud-based, iPad suite:
- Inventory management: Merchants can track and monitor inventory in real time to maintain stock levels and identify slow-moving and bestselling inventory items.
- Mobility: Mobile order takers enable servers and wait staff to process sales from anywhere in a showroom or sales floor.
- Custom Commerce app: This white-label app is directly integrated with the iPad POS, enabling customers to provide a range of branded services, such as mobile ordering, ecommerce, delivery, loyalty and other value-added programs, to promote their brand and engage with consumers.
Full-featured hardware platform
The Revel iPad POS System supports numerous peripherals from such leading equipment manufacturers as Ingenico Group, Verifone Inc., Infinite Peripherals and ID TECH. These include POS stands, routers and Wi-Fi access points, mobile printers, barcode scanners, and cash drawers, the company stated. Compact, space-efficient printers from Epson, Star and Zebra Technologies are optimized for high-speed throughput.
Revel also noted the following optional add-ons:
- Cash drawers: Revel's sturdy cash drawers are designed for heavy use. Merchants can use multiple cash drawer configurations to manage cash activity and maintain separate tills.
- Coin dispensers: Cash dispensing hardware integrates with the iPad POS system to facilitate fast and efficient checkouts and increase productivity.
- Digital menu boards: Merchants can choose from a variety of layouts and customize their digital displays to advertise and make fast menu changes. The boards can communicate in real time with iPad POS systems to facilitate menu updates and limited offers.
- iPad POS stands: Robust and efficient POS stands are designed to handle wear and tear and high traffic at restaurant, retail and QSR establishments.
- Wireless keyboards: Servers and staff can type up orders from anywhere with Bluetooth-enabled keyboards. An accessibility app connects visually impaired wait staff to the iPad POS system.
- Network communications: Revel Systems' network gear is built for optimal speed and security and is compatible with a variety of Internet service providers. Wireless routers and access points boost signals and connectivity to provide an effective and reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Scales: iPad POS scales are integrated with the iPad POS system to eliminate double entry, speed up transactions and reduce costly mistakes by improving accuracy. All scales are certified by the National Conference on Weights and Measures.
Modern, processor-neutral solutions
Revel Systems is working with channel partners and industries, including payments industry acquirers, processors and independent software vendors, to design and deploy brandable, futureproof solutions for the increasingly interconnected payments and business communities.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.