The Green Sheet Online Edition
August 08, 2016 • Issue 16:08:01
Low-cost, high-quality, all-in-one POS system
Carlsbad, Calif.-based Processing Point Inc. created uAccept POS, a cloud-connected POS subscription service specifically for small and midsize merchants. The company said uAccept is affordably priced, has high-quality engineering and delivers a variety of business-critical functions within a small footprint.
Merchant level salespeople can have confidence that they will be placing a valuable product that will help them build a lasting relationship with their merchants," said Andrew Newby, Chief Operating Officer at Processing Point. "The products come with a lifetime guarantee, unlimited data storage, 24/7 support and continuous updates, and work out of the box."
Adaptable models, options
The uAccept POS hardware includes a touch screen, encrypted magnetic card reader, cash drawer, internal printer, integrated customer display and Internet LAN and Wi-Fi connectivity. Optional accessories include barcode scanners, external network printers and EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) readers.
Merchants can choose between the MB2000 with an 8-inch capacitive touch screen designed for fixed and mobile settings, or the larger MB3000 with 9.7-inch capacitive touch screen. Both models are Wi-Fi and Ethernet compatible. Applications are tailored for retail and quick serve restaurant (QSR) environments, the company stated.Retail and restaurant POS bundles include hardware, cloud-based software and payment processing. Their cloud connectivity facilitates a range of back-office tools that are remotely manageable from connected devices. All uAccept solutions provide unlimited storage and can manage inventories of up to 20,000 products.
Following are additional standard features of uAccept POS that Processing Point noted:
- Complete POS system with capacitive touch screen, five bill cash drawer, customer display, receipt printer and payment card reader
- Enhanced, real-time reporting on sales, inventory and trends
- Lifetime warranty
- Lifetime, unlimited data usage, storage
- Unlimited, free software upgrades
- Bitcoin processing
- Optional accessories
- Loyalty rewards program
- Order support by text and email
- Unlimited, 24/7 customer and technical support
- Social media support, including Twitter promotions
The company also pointed out that uAccept POS supports an array of value-added applications and is continuously updated in response to emerging technologies and payments industry trends. In addition to providing payment processing, the MB3000 and smaller footprint MB2000 support text messaging, enabling merchants to communicate directly with their customers. A range of enterprise-scale functionality previously available only to large merchants is included in the subscription service with no setup fees or contract required, according to company representatives. Merchants can open a uAccept merchant account or use an existing processor.
According to Processing Point, the platform supports such business management features and benefits as:
- Quick Links: Designed to enable merchants to quickly access account settings and run and export reports, Quick Links provides a single access view across an enterprise from a single, remote setting.
- Taxes, fees, discounts: Preparing and filing sales tax reports and configuring sales taxes, fees and discounts are a snap with the cloud-based system.
- Advanced data analytics: A built-in analytics dashboard enables merchants to view reports, analyze trends, set filters to find specific data and view sales metrics by day, week or month.
- Inventory management: Users can add up to 20,000 products and unlimited categories in the uAccept platform.
- Addition and authorization of users: Business owners and managers can set up POS and cloud software users, applying different permission levels and logins to maintain control over data and POS system access.
- Loyalty, rewards management: Users can set up customer reward programs to track loyalty and frequency. They can also send text and email offers to their opted-in customers.
- Scheduled screen display: Merchants can customize the display screens on POS devices. Displays can be scheduled and prices can be modified for special events.
- QuickBooks integration: uAccept accounts can be integrated with QuickBooks Online, automatically importing sales from the POS.
"The Android-based operating system is provisioned to give merchants complete control over the app," Newby added. "uAccept is cloud connected and built to last."
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.