The Green Sheet Online Edition
June 27, 2016 • Issue 16:06:02
Brandable, EMV-certified mobile payments
Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Apriva added AprivaPay Plus to its extended line of secure mobile commerce solutions. Designed for small and midsize merchants, the mobile payment solution pairs Android, iOS and Amazon Kindle Fire smart phones and tablets with AnywhereCommerce Walker 1.0 card reader peripherals.
The company stated that the competitively priced Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV)-certified application is widely adaptable to fixed and retail settings and supports a range of payment card brands and schemes, including Visa Inc., MasterCard Worldwide, American Express Co., Discover Financial Services and Samsung Pay. And AprivaPay Plus facilitates enhanced reporting and inventory management and is available to Apriva's reseller partners.
"Anyone investing in a mPOS solution needs to be up to date," said Benjamin Hurley, Senior Director, Mobile Product Management at Apriva. "AprivaPay Plus was the only EMV-certified, brandable mPOS solution available on the date of the liability shift," which occurred Oct. 1, 2015. The solution is certified on multiple payment processors, including First Data's Omaha platform, enabling resellers to upgrade existing customers and offer multiple processing platforms to new merchants, Hurley noted.
Expanding portfolio of customers, solutions
"Mobile payments continue to grow at a rapid pace and are now essential to many merchants today," said Stacey Finley Tappin, Senior Vice President of North America Sales and Marketing Communications at Apriva. "Bringing EMV capabilities to mobile users is an essential step in our EMV migration process for our partners, resellers and consumers." Apriva noted that its portfolio of secure mobile commerce solutions includes AprivaTalk, a wireless security payment encryption protocol. Apriva solutions work seamlessly across all major wireless carriers and are widely used by payment processors, merchant acquirers and ISOs in the United States and Canada.
Your brand, your way
The free, brandable AprivaPay Plus mobile app is available in Apple App, Google Play and Amazon stores and can transform an Apple, Android or Amazon Fire smartphone or tablet into a mobile POS device. Designed for small and midsize merchants, the app facilitates in-store and on-the-go payments, using up-to-date, secure, EMV-ready payment technology, Apriva pointed out. Following are additional benefits the company listed of AprivaPay Plus and Apriva's mobile payment product suite:
- Flexibility: Apriva mobile solutions are certified on all major wireless carriers. The solutions provide the flexibility to connect portable payment card readers to any payment processor.
- Sales visibility: Apriva's mobile product suites enable business owners to scale their mobile sales forces and view detailed activities through enhanced reporting. Each account provides a single-access view of up to 10 sub-users through the Apriva Merchant Portal.
- Security: Apriva's payment gateway, application and full suite of products are continuously updated to comply with the evolving Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and provide leading-edge security to merchants, consumers and payments industry stakeholders. Apriva uses encrypted card readers and securely stores all transaction information on the Apriva Gateway via end-to-end encryption, effectively keeping payment card data out of end-users' scope.
- Extended reseller community: There are more than 1,100 Apriva resellers in North America, making Apriva's secure, affordable wireless payment solutions widely available to a variety of industries and merchants.
- Simplicity, ease-of-use: AprivaPay Plus supports refunds, transaction history reporting and multiple sales tax and tip configurations. It can manage multiple payment schemes, including check, cash and payment card transactions. Receipts can be printed or emailed.
- Business management functionality: Business owners can manage inventories and update barcodes, pricing and product photos within the AprivaPay Plus app.
- 24/7 support: Apriva provides continuous, live customer support to ensure that merchants will always have the necessary support to optimally manage their payments and businesses.
Apriva stated that it provides fully managed, end-to-end security solutions that incorporate hardware, software, network infrastructure and a range of business management tools to merchants of all sizes. The company's larger, scalable solutions can be tailored for enterprise-level merchants. Apriva's Merchant Portal simplifies inventory management and reporting..
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.