The Green Sheet Online Edition
July 24, 2017 • Issue 17:07:02
Cloud-based, EMV-ready, hospitality solution
Walnut Creek, Calif.-based InTouchPOS, a division of Assal Corp, added EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) capability to its family of restaurant and hospitality POS solutions. The turnkey, EMV-certified solutions can support all types and sizes of hospitality merchants, including Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs), pay-at-table, curbside and delivery services, nightclubs, and fine dining venues, company representatives stated.
Dean Kashefi, Senior Vice President Sales at Assal Corp., said InTouchPOS software and hardware solutions are built to be flexible and customizable. "The end-to-end POS solution includes front- and back-office tools to enable merchants to manage all aspects of their businesses," he stated. "Our software runs on Android, iOS and Windows, and we continuously add nonproprietary hardware to our technology stack."
Kashefi said InTouchPOS systems are easy to integrate and install, and include technical support and customer service, which he called the company's main differentiator. "The most important aspect of a merchant's business is not hardware or software but customer service," he noted. "Whether we're installing a multimillion-dollar system or a turnkey solution, we provide merchants with 24 by 7 support to help them grow their businesses."
Once installed, InTouchPOS systems can begin taking orders immediately, Kashefi said, adding that InTouchPOS representatives train front-office and back-office workers and managers in every aspect of their functionality. Following are some available features, as detailed by the company:
- Tablet ordering and curbside pay: InTouchPOS wireless/mobile payment can securely and efficiently process credit card and gift card transactions at a restaurant table or curbside pickup area.
- Digital menu boards: Menu boards facilitate quick and accurate ordering and menu changes, replacing traditional backlit menu boards. Managers can use InTouchPOS software to create dynamic menus that change at select hours and holidays. These digital menu boards also have built-in video and live-streaming capabilities.
- Online ordering: Orders placed online will be printed automatically and transmitted to staff. Incoming orders will include customer and delivery data, enabling staff to promptly and efficiently process orders and deliveries.
- InTouchPOS enterprise: Multilocation hospitality merchants can use enterprise-scale InTouchPOS corporate systems to synchronize store data and obtain consistent, real-time reporting. These systems include automatic backup and disaster recovery, with additional layers of security to protect data and keep it out of merchants' scope. When enterprise clients want to introduce a new product to all of their stores or a particular region or location, they can update and broadcast a new menu item in seconds, Kashefi said.
- InTouchPOS restaurant: InTouchPOS software enables restaurants of all sizes and types to tightly integrate all aspects of restaurant system functionality into a single user interface. Merchants can use the system's front- and back-office tools to efficiently operate their restaurants. All InTouchPOS systems leverage real-time data to drive efficiencies in labor management, payroll, accounting, ordering and reservation systems, Kashefi stated. Additional benefits the company noted include high productivity; faster speed-of-service; increased order accuracy; optimal manager controls; EMV and PCI DSS compliance; improved guest experience; improved table-turning ratios; and mobile, online and app integration.
Multiple hardware options
The InTouchPOS restaurant system provides merchants and distribution partners an array of choice in certified hardware. Company representatives will consult with resellers and merchants to determine the best hardware fit for their businesses. InTouchPOS integrated solutions are designed to withstand harsh environments and have capacitive screens for fast-touch interfaces that can detect gloved hands and styluses. They use Intel technology to optimize performance, speed and power consumption. Their fast processors and enhanced SDRAM Memory makes InTouchPOS POS stations fast, reliable, and scalable.
Reseller partners welcome
Kashefi said InTouchPOS solutions have been widely endorsed and certified by the company's reseller partners, which include independent software vendors, ISOs, acquirers and payments industry resellers. The company's software developers and engineers write the software and interfaces and work with third-party developers to simplify integration, he noted.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.