The Green Sheet Online Edition
March 27, 2017 • Issue 17:03:02
Versatile solutions to expand capabilities, reduce PCI scope
Santa Ana, Calif.-based ExaDigm Inc., a leading payment technology solutions provider, launched a suite of semi-integrated solutions, designed to enhance POS environments while reducing Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) scope. The versatile solutions can adapt to a variety of settings, from restaurants and retail stores to delivery services, company representatives stated.
Merchants can use ExaDigm's PCI-compliant hardware and software to enhance existing POS systems without investing in a fully integrated hardware solution. Cost-effective and compatible with all operating systems, the PCI- and Payment Application-DSS-compliant solutions are easy to install and maintain and require no additional certifications or ancillary fees, the company said.
Compact, mobile hardware
The pairing of ExaDigm's sleek and portable G3 product series with the company's semi-integrated software solutions is designed to provide a cost-effective solution for fixed and mobile retail and hospitality settings. The PCI PIN Transaction Security-certified G3 PIN Pad complements an array of POS systems and supports signature capture, EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa), and near field communication within a compact footprint.
G3's multiple communication options facilitate easy integration with other devices. Following are additional features and benefits the company listed:
- Transaction security: Built on ExaDigm's secure payment architecture, G3 maintains the highest level of security for payment processing.
- Reduces PCI scope: G3 removes cardholder data from the merchant's POS, using ExaDigm's semi-integrated solution to mitigate risk and maintain PCI compliance.
Electronic signature: G3 supports environmentally friendly e-signature, cutting down on paper use and minimizing fraud.
- Contactless payments: G3 supports fast, easy, and secure contactless payment transactions.
- Seamless integration: G3 requires minimal integration effort and works with existing POS solutions, simplifying maintenance and enhancing adaptability to evolving retail environments.
- Multiple cable ports: G3's variety of external communication ports enable it to seamlessly connect to other devices, making it broadly adaptable and transportable.
- Backlit screen: A brightly lit screen improves the user experience by making transactions easily visible.
EMV, PCI-compliant solutions
ExaDigm representatives said the company's suite of semi-integrated, easy-to-set-up devices and software help merchants adapt and scale their POS systems in the ever-changing payments ecosystem. The company's solutions are compatible with Android, Windows and iOS operating systems.
The PCI DSS was established to protect cardholder data throughout the payment transaction, from point of entry through processing, transmittal and storage. ExaDigm stated its semi-integrated solutions suite protects merchant POS environments by keeping cardholder data safely out of PCI scope, enabling merchants to achieve and maintain PCI compliance while protecting their environments and customers from fraud.
Merchants can maintain the integrity of their electronic cash registers, software-as-a-service applications and web browsers by limiting exposure to security risks, viruses, keyboard loggers, security updates and other complex issues. The solutions are compatible with ExaDigm's existing software suite and EMV-certified devices and can be configured for fixed and mobile POS settings, representatives stated.
Additional options available
The company additionally noted that ExaDigm systems can be easily updated and enhanced without disrupting existing POS systems, which means merchants can swap terminals without needing to recertify devices.
The company noted the following additional services are also available:
- POS cloud connect solution: ExaDigm provides a suite of cloud-based services to enhance POS environments. The solutions provide an array of business management and reporting features, with no need for downloads or cables. These enhanced capabilities provide the ability to track multiple merchants, locations and payment terminals through a single-access, hierarchy-based view of an entire enterprise, which can include real-time reporting and detailed visibility.
- Dedicated solutions: ExaDigm works closely with partners and resellers to accommodate numerous use-case scenarios, including pay-at-the-table, restaurant or retail-with-tip, delivery of goods or services, drive through or walk up and pay transactions, and front- and back-office fulfillment with payment collection.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.