The Green Sheet Online Edition
August 10, 2015 • Issue 15:08:01
Multifaceted, omnichannel POS technology
Folsom, Calif.-based Retail Pro International LLC has designed retail management systems for over 25 years, deploying omnichannel software to leading retailers worldwide. Recently, it created Retail Pro Prism, a modular retail application management suite designed to help merchants optimize operations and have more time to focus on core business.
Retailers looking for new ways to improve process flow are experimenting with various elements of mobile POS options. Most would agree that successfully integrating mobile payments into retail environments requires more than just line busting or mobile wallets. The end goal should focus more on improving the customer shopping experience and replacing the checkout counter with more floor space for product promotions.
Retail Pro said that merchants can choose from Retail Pro Prism's software modules to tailor POS solutions for their workplace environments. Prism software runs on tablet, touch screen and desktop POS systems and is compatible with Windows, iOS and Android operating systems.
Six features and benefits
The company stated that Retail Pro Prism enables merchants to create a mix of mobile and traditional POS functions, and its modular design can be adapted on the fly. Prism can decrement inventory at the POS, which can help retailers manage inventories and identify top-selling products. Its professional, branded receipts can be printed or emailed.
Following are six popular Retail Pro Prism features and benefits noted by Retail Pro:
- Natively modular platform: A modular application suite provides an efficient deployment method. Retailers can choose which tools are relevant to their business needs.
Flexible user interface: A scriptable user interface provides merchants with the control and flexibility to create tailored products that fit their needs, processes and brands.
- Central control: Centralized communications enable merchants to remotely upgrade software. The ability to remotely monitor systems helps to protect the integrity of critical data and lock down critical preferences across multiple store locations.
Adaptable platform design: Prism's adaptable platform is compatible with previous versions of Retail Pro. The software can also be integrated with ERP systems, loyalty, analytics and other information technology platforms.
- Real-time communications: The ability to track real-time communications and transactional activity on the system helps retail POS environments remain responsive and up to date.
- Database neutral: Developers designed Retail Pro Prism to leverage all three leading industry database platforms: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL. This gives merchants the ability to choose database technology that is appropriate for their environment and budget.
Alliance Partner program
Retail Pro pointed out that it has established partnerships with ISOs and technology companies to expand its product and service offerings across multiple industries and geographic areas. It provides a solid foundation retail control matrix partners can use to create specialized hardware and software solutions across an array of vertical industries.
Retail Pro highlighted the following advantages to its Alliance Partner model:
Leverage: Alliance Partners can offer products and services that enable merchants to leverage their retail technology investments.
- Reliability: A dedicated Retail Pro team provides dedicated customer service to the Alliance Partner network. This level of support ensures optimal performance and system functionality.
- Extensibility: Retail Pro routinely consults with Alliance Partners to fulfill the unique requirements of its growing base of retail customers. Partners offer hardware, payment processing, marketing, data security and operations to provide flexible solutions that complement and extend Retail Pro solutions.
- Referrals: Alliance Partners are listed on Retail Pro's website, where customers can peruse the Alliance Partner network and the various products and services offered. The company encourages customers to explore the website to see how they can employ Retail Pro's management solutions to harness new trends, meet their distinct business needs and retail their own way.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.