The Green Sheet Online Edition
January 09, 2017 • Issue 17:01:01
All-in-one POS, business management solution
NCR Corp., a global technology company based in Duluth, Ga., created NCR Silver, a comprehensive, cloud-based POS and business management solution that works on Apple iOS 8 and iOS 9 mobile devices and NCR's Android-based Silver Register POS system. Retail merchants can use the subscription service to manage their operations and POS ecosystems; the NCR Silver Pro Restaurant Edition is designed for restaurateurs, the company stated.
The NCR Silver subscription service includes 24/7 live customer support, optional Silver Concierge services, continuous software updates, integrated loyalty, email marketing and a range of business management functions, including real-time inventory updates, NCR noted. The processor-neutral app works with most major U.S. processors; it is preloaded on NCR Silver registers and available for download at the Apple App Store.
Single hub, multiple touchpoints
The company pointed out that NCR Silver provides a single, comprehensive hub that enables merchants to manage their businesses from anywhere. NCR Silver technology tools can help single stores and multilocation franchises modernize operations and enhance the customer experience.
Merchants can access data stored in the cloud on connected devices without the need to maintain data centers or keep servers in their stores. Stores and restaurants interact with the cloud for credit card processing, POS synching and back office functions.
NCR pointed out the following additional features of its NCR Silver subscription service:
- Support for numerous POS devices: The app supports a variety of connected devices and hardware peripherals, including wireless printers, magnetic stripe and EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) payment card readers, cash drawers, scanners and integrated scales.
- Hardware warranty: All hardware provided by NCR is covered under a 90-day warranty. Extended hardware warranties are available on select hardware for Silver Concierge customers.
- Live customer service: U.S.-based customer care agents are available 24 hours a day via toll-free help desk, live chat, email or text.
- Reference library: NCR provides a reference library of articles, videos and user guides for NCR Silver and NCR Silver Pro Restaurant users. Using these resources, subscribers can learn how to set up a system, navigate through the Silver Back Office and use the POS app. A search function helps locate information quickly.
- Multiple payment options: NCR Silver supports cash, credit and many integrated mobile payment options, including LevelUp and bitcoin. Samsung Pay also works with NCR Silver.
- Email marketing and receipt functionality: Merchants can use the NCR Silver customer list integration feature to send bulk emails, receipts and promotional messages.
- Social media integration: NCR Silver supports instant social sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
- Data analytics: Automated reports rate email campaign performance and provide metrics on customer behavior.
- Integrated loyalty: NCR Silver loyalty is fully integrated and automatically applies rewards at the POS at no additional charge.
- Offline payments: NCR Silver's Offline Credit feature accepts payment card transactions and reroutes them to the processing host when internet or processing host connectivity is reestablished.
- EMV, NFC payment acceptance: NCR Silver supports Apple Pay and near field communication (NFC) payment transactions. It also supports EMV on NCR devices and POS systems that use EMV-certified hardware and payment processors.
Optional, elite service levels
NCR Silver Concierge services enable busy entrepreneurs to outsource operational and business management functions and receive higher levels of support while providing customers with a continuous shopping experience across multiple devices and channels, according to the company. It also provides enhanced services such as back-office set up, monthly menu maintenance and hardware support to merchants who opt in to premium support. Silver Concierge agents help merchants configure and customize their systems by setting up inventory records, employee information, tax codes, pricing and menu items.
Silver Console, an additional add-on service formerly known as CimpleBox, provides a secure dashboard with advanced reporting and business management features, including an integrated calendar, enhanced sales intelligence, employee management tools and automated forecasting, the company stated.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.