The Green Sheet Online Edition
September 12, 2016 • Issue 16:09:01
Comprehensive POS, business management
Woodland Hills, Calif.-based Total Merchant Services Inc. launched Groovv POS, a full-featured solution designed to help small and midsize business owners drive efficiencies and growth. The solution is available in both countertop and portable configurations to provide merchants with an array of business management and POS tools that are easy to install and use.
All Groovv POS solutions are equipped with EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) and near field communication (NFC) readers and a range of business management solutions – including real-time inventory management, reporting and marketing functionality – and require minimal set-up, the company stated.
"The POS market is going through a technology transformation that is being driven by consumers," said Scott Blum, Total Merchant Services Vice President Marketing, Business Development and Software Partners. "Consumers have more control and are making buying decisions based on available information in many cases before they even enter a store or restaurant. Groovv POS is designed to help merchants engage with their customers from wherever they are operating."
Fixed and mobile options
The company noted that Groovv POS All-In-One is designed to provide everything a merchant needs to manage payments, increase sales and optimize revenue. The solution, created to work out of the box, includes a 13-inch capacitive screen, cash drawer, scanner, receipt printer and software. Its flip screen and ability to connect wirelessly or with cables to printers and EMV and NFC-enabled peripherals makes it highly adaptable to a variety of business settings, such as quick serve and fast casual restaurants, retail stores, salons, and other business environments.
Groovv POS Flex is designed to enable merchants to easily adapt their POS solution from fixed to mobile settings. Its detachable 9.6 inch Samsung capacitive screen and certified EMV and NFC POS device has multiple fixed and mobile configuration options and a foldable stand designed for merchants on the go.
The small footprint of the Groovv POS Flex makes it ideal for mobile merchants and businesses with limited counter space. Its portability benefits curbside and pay-at-table restaurants, mobile merchants and businesses that frequently alternate between fixed and mobile settings.
An additional free Groovv POS Flex option is available for merchants with bank card processing revenues of $15,000 per month and higher, according to the company.
Smart, pro-growth solutions
Both Groovv POS All-In-One and Groovv POS Flex are designed to help merchants securely accept payments, grow sales and manage multiple aspects of their businesses. The company listed the following as attributes found in both models:
- Ease of use: Touch screen tablets combined with an intuitive customer interface will enable merchants to quickly use the system with little training.
- EMV/NFC-enabled: Merchants can accept all payment types, including contact and contactless chip cards and mobile wallet schemes such as Android Pay and Apple Pay.
- Easy inventory management: Groovv POS merchants receive free, "white glove" loading of their entire inventory, which they can further organize by category. They can also use the inventory management to track sales and get alerts when items run low.
- Business intelligence reporting: Merchants can view operations by location or across an entire enterprise, getting real-time insights into employee time, sales performance metrics and profitability trends.
- Tipping, split billing and tax settings: Merchants can manage tax settings, split tickets and tip reporting.
- Tailored setup and continuous support: Groovv POS merchants receive excellent customer service and ongoing support to ensure that they are deriving all available benefits.
Evolving retail, reseller landscapes
"The face of retail is evolving," said Zavida Mangaru, Vice President of Product at Total Merchant Services. "We designed a product that merchants can take with them on the go. The POS tablet and collapsible stand are right-sized for multiple types of merchants and pop-up stores. They provide a clean, easy-to-understand user experience."
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.