ACI to hold 2012 compliance forum in D.C.T
hink tank and conference organizer American Conference Institute reported that the 5th Annual Forum on Prepaid Card Compliance will be held in Washington on Jan. 30 and 31, 2012. ACI, which bills the forum as the U.S. prepaid card industry's premier legal and compliance event, said the industry faces unprecedented legal and regulatory challenges at both the state and federal levels; it is therefore incumbent on stakeholders to ensure prepaid card programs are in compliance with the various statutes.
ACI touts its lineup of regulatory and enforcement officials, in-house counsel and industry leaders in compliance, and outside counsel specializing in prepaid card regulatory compliance. Issues to be covered at the forum include:
- Assessing the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network's Prepaid Access final rule
- Evaluating the jurisdictional parameters and authority of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Analyzing the general purpose reloadable card exemption to the Durbin Amendment to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010
- Reviewing Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices, privacy, and marketing issues
- Enhancing compliance efforts and facilitating communication along the prepaid value chain
- Appraising the state regulatory and enforcement landscape, particularly as they relate to state money transmitter statutes
- Ensuring compliance and instituting industry best practices concerning payroll card programs
The Green Sheet Inc. is now a proud affiliate of Bankcard Life, a premier community that provides industry-leading training and resources for payment professionals. Click here for more information.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.