Wnet summit takes on leadership in changing worldT
he Women's Network in Electronic Transactions (Wnet), a professional organization for women in payments and the men who advocate for them, has big plans for its 2019 Wnet Leadership Summit. The two-day event will take place at the InterContinental Buckhead in Atlanta on Nov. 6 and 7. The focus is timely: leading in a changing world.
“We are excited about this year’s Wnet Leadership Summit, which will be our largest event of the year,” said Carol Grunberg, Wnet president, and vice president and executive officer at Northwestern Mutual. “Hundreds of leaders across the industry will meet to discuss domestic and global leadership trends. By attending, you will also hear from executives paving the way to create more creative and profitable organizations by improving gender diversity within their companies and our industry.”
Wnet provided the following list of keynotes slated for the summit:
- Thriving and Surviving in a Changing Culture – presented by Osama Bedier, CEO of Poynt, a digital payments veteran with a deep passion for improving lives through technology. He has spent decades pioneering consumer Internet, ecommerce and payments services, including leadership roles at Google’s Wallet and Payments group, and PayPal.
- 2. Failing Up – presented by Anu Shultes, CEO, Lendup, an experienced fintech and consumer-focused payments innovator and leader with a passion for bringing innovative financial products to market.
- 3. Challenge Yourself – presented by Colleen Taylor, executive vice president, new payment flows, at Mastercard, one of PaymentsSource’s Most Influential Women in Payments of 2019 and a leader in driving volume growth from business-to-business, government, and new economy sources.
Panels, breakout sessions, networking
The summit will also offer panel and breakout sessions on such transformational leadership topics as card brand careers, diversity, disruption, learning by doing and moving into leadership.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Joe Carella, assistant dean of executive education in the Eller College of Management, University of Arizona
- Theresa Gongora, CFO and senior vice president of finance at TSYS
- Sheila Gunby, director, public sector U.S. market development for Mastercard
- Grace Klopcic, partner at McKinsey & Co.
- Cynthia F. Knowles, vice president and head of business administration, integrated financial solutions at FIS
- Amy Parsons, senior vice president, global acceptance for Discover
- Serena Smith, executive vice president, head of global treasury management & payment strategy at Texas Capital Bank
- Jennifer Tramontana, president and founder of The Fletcher Group
- Robin Trickel, vice president, industry engagement for American Express Global Network Services
- Mary Uslander, senior vice president, head of commercialization and client experience for First Data
- Amy Zirkle, interim CEO at th Electronic Transactions Association
“Attendees have the opportunity to network with some of the most successful executive leaders, both women and men, in the payments and fintech industries,” said Wnet Executive Director Lisl Dutterer. “In the Summit keynotes and panels, speakers will share experiences and advice specifically designed to help attendees' professional development, regardless of where they are on their career paths, and enable them to surge past industry stereotypes and corporate expectations."
Wnet is offering an early-bird registration discount through Aug. 28, 2019, at bit.ly/WnetSummit2019.
The Green Sheet Inc. is now a proud affiliate of Bankcard Life, a premier community that provides industry-leading training and resources for payment professionals. Click here for more information.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.