Impactful, strategic SMB solutions
To leverage the knowledge he has gained from working with leading acquirers and equipment manufacturers since 1991, payments industry veteran Scott Wagner established Go Direct in 2004. Go Direct is a small business consultancy aimed at providing a comprehensive suite of solutions for small to midsize business (SMB) owners. Having faced the same day-to-day challenges of running a business and making payroll, Wagner is motivated to share his insights and industry connections with other small business owners.
"I've been fortunate to have met so many great people in my payments journey," Wagner said. "And I want to share the best of what I've learned with my clients, who are equally motivated to build meaningful relationships with their customers and provide quality products and services."
Beyond payment processing
Go Direct offers more than payment processing: the company blends customized services, tools and resources to create a one-stop shop for SMB owners. The company works closely with business owners, tailoring and adapting solutions to improve efficiency, maximize profits, and give clients the freedom and confidence to focus on core competencies.
The company noted its top four solutions as follows:
- Go Data: A customizable analytics dashboard, Go Direct can provide a business road map, delivering insights such as peak traffic times, top selling items and customer behavior. "Analytics have become as indispensable as smartphones and a vital tool for business," Wagner said.
- Go Processing: Merchant services is not a one-size-fits-all solution; determining the right product and processing fit for a business requires a consultative, nuanced approach. Go Direct provides wholesale pricing, integrated solutions and detailed evaluations to ensure appropriate provisioning of each of its merchant's accounts. "I've seen merchant accounts that weren't set up correctly," Wagner said. "The smallest details can make the biggest difference."
- Go Accounting: Go Direct offers a range of integrated accounting solutions through tablet POS solutions and payment gateways designed to eliminate redundancies and simplify accounting. The solutions instantly update accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable and customer deposits in real time in addition to separating sales tax from cost of goods.
- Go Payroll: Automating payroll and human resources functions has become imperative for many business owners, enabling them to simplify payroll and streamline recordkeeping. Go Direct offers full-service and self-service, cloud-based solutions designed to be flexible and scalable as businesses grow and change.
Security protection, compliance
While data security breaches that occur at major retailers such as Target Corp. and The Home Depot Inc. have made headlines, approximately 90 percent of breaches occur at small and midsize businesses. These incidents have received little media attention but can result in catastrophic losses and penalties for merchants.
"A data breach could put a merchant out of business," Wagner said. "Compromised records may cost thousands in fees and assessments."
Go Direct offers data breach protection and assists clients in implementing secure, up-to-date, compliant payment systems:
- Data breach protection: Go Direct provides data breach protection services designed to meet expenses resulting from a suspected or actual breach of credit card data from a merchant account.
- PCI DSS assistance: Merchants who store, process or transmit cardholder data must adhere to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Go Direct educates clients on specific requirements and implementation strategies.
- EMV: U.S. merchants are increasingly accepting chip cards at the POS. EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) technology provides enhanced security and reduction in card-present counterfeit fraud. However, with increased adoption, there is also the risk that fraudsters will target merchants whose processing systems are not EMV compliant. Go Direct assists clients throughout all phases of EMV adoption.
Wagner noted that Go Direct solutions are designed to help business owners focus on core competencies, which is in keeping with the company's motto, which is "Use the Go Direct tools so you can concentrate on what's most important: your business success."
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.